Anesthesia service fees are provided based on the length of surgery being performed. Full payment for initial anesthesia services is required 2 (two) full business days prior to the appointment. Failure to pay these fees may cause your appointment to be cancelled or rescheduled. Patients are able to make payment to Southern Comfort Dental Anesthesia directly through the payment portal on our payments tab. We accept all major credit cards or cash. While we are not able to make payment plans directly through our company, if you or your child need special arrangements we are pleased to offer Interest Deferred financing options through CareCredit.
SCDA Fee Schedule 2023:
- Pediatric Patients (<21): $1100 for procedures up to two (2) hours in length; $150 for every fifteen (15) minutes thereafter
- TRICARE Patients: $850 for procedures up to two (2) hours in length; $100 for every fifteen (15) minutes thereafter
*TRICARE patients MUST notify the office of their TRICARE status during registration to complete additional paperwork.
- All-Kids/CHP+: $850 for procedures up to two (2) hours in length; $100 for every fifteen (15) minutes thereafter
- Medicaid: $725 for procedures up to two (2) hours in length; $75 for every fifteen (15) minutes thereafter
- Requires an SCDA Medicaid Out-of-Pocket Waiver PRIOR to surgery.
Day of cancellations may arise for a multitude of reasons in order to ensure the safety of our patients. Any violation of pre-anesthetic instructions, especially food and drink (NPO) violations, may result in cancellation of the case. Other frequent causes of short-notice cancellation typically include potential onset of cold or sickness, or recent significant changes or exacerbations to the patient's medical history which require further follow-up. In all cases, the anesthesiologist's best discretion is used to provide the safest care possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns prior to the appointment, and please follow all pre-anesthetic instructions fully, to enable us to avoid these scenarios.
Cancellation of the appointment by the patient with MORE than 24 business hours (1 business day) notice will not incur a cancellation penalty by the anesthesia provider. Failure to appear for your appointment without prior notice may subject you to forfeiture of a $300 fee incurred for the time and expense of the anesthesia provider. We strongly encourage you to contact your dental or anesthesia provider as soon as possible in cases where you believe you may not be able to make your scheduled appointment.